Friday, March 9, 2012

What essentials do I need to build WARHAMMER 40K models?

I'm thinking about getting a Warhammer model, just to build and see if I enjoy it, but I want to know the Essentials I need. right know, I'm just thinking about buying a Space Marine Predator Tank, what do I need for that?What essentials do I need to build WARHAMMER 40K models?
The essentials are a sharp hobby knife and a pot of plastic glue. Additional tools to make your job easier will include a pair of flat-back clippers, a cutting mat, two or three elastic bands and possibly a round-backed needle file.



I've just built a Predator. Lovely kit, but pay attention to where the various cupola parts are supposed to go!What essentials do I need to build WARHAMMER 40K models?
Precinct Omega covered the basics already, you don't need a lot of equipment if you just want to build a tank model and if you don't want to spend money on brushes and acrylic paints yet you could just spray it with car paint. You might want to buy a can of spray primer, a cheap can of something like Hycote (white, black or grey) will do the job as well as a more expensive premium brand.



Make sure the knife you use has a round handle and a wedge shaped blend (not a curved one) so it's easy to manipulate. My choice of blade is Excel size #11.

http://www.hobbypeople.net/gallery/69299鈥?/a>



There are tons of guides and tutorials about painting miniatures, you'll find them on any of the Warhammer forums. Also take a look at Cool Mini Or Not and The One Ring.

No comments:

Post a Comment