Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Do I need the warhammer core rule book to start playing WHFB?

This is going to be my first time getting stuff for Warhammer Fantasy Battle. I'm going to be playing as the lizardmen army, so I figured I would just save money by buying only the Lizardmen army core rulebook. Do I need the regular rulebook AND the Lizardmen army rulebook to start playing, or only one of them?Do I need the warhammer core rule book to start playing WHFB?
You really need both. For a start, the special rules in the Lizardman boxed set won't make sense without the core rulebook. More importantly, if you don't have the core rulebook and don't know the rules then you are essentially expecting your opponent to tell you how to play, which is pretty rude - unless, that is, they have specifically invited you to play a learner game and are prepared to take you through the game from point 1.



Besides which, Warhammer is not a cheap hobby. There are lots of ways to save money by shopping around, sniping on eBay or trading with other players, but if you're trying to save money by not buying the rules you're probably not ready for the commitment the hobby requires.

No comments:

Post a Comment